Sorry for being lazy and no updates in these months. Got busy schedule and finally some time to sit down quietly.
Making cake/ doing desserts always can calm down my nerve. Only focus on one thing. Feels like meditating from a different perspective.
Picking up my ingredient and the lovely dish I got it from Japan weeks ago. I decide to do a Japanese cake – “Tea swirl chiffon cake”, with two tea flavors – matcha for sure, and the rising star hojicha
將材料分成兩等份, 分別加入抹茶及焙茶口味, 再隨意倒到戚風模內。
Playing with the batter, doing the cake as if you are doing your own art piece. Sunday should be like that!
- 豆奶 250ml
- 庶糖 150g
- 葵花籽油 80ml
- 蘋果醋, 或白醋 1 tbsp
- 雲呢嗱香油 1 tbsp
- 中筋麵粉 210g all purpose flour
- 蘇打粉 1 tsp
- 抹茶粉 4 tsp
- 焙茶粉 4 tsp
- 鹽 少許
- 將蘋果醋加到豆奶中, 攪拌混合, 靜置10分鐘
- 於一大碗內加入豆奶, 油, 糖及雲呢嗱香油, 以刮刀混合至糖完全溶掉, 再分成兩等份於兩個碗內
- 將蘇打粉, 鹽加到麵粉內。同樣地分為兩等份，然後一份放抹茶粉, 一份放焙茶粉
- 將粉類材料過篩， 分別加到濕材料內。以刮刀小心混合好， 切勿過大力攪拌～
- 將兩份口味的蛋糕糊倒進戚風蛋糕模中, 可以自己做漸層或特別紋理
- 入爐焗30-40分鐘，取出以牙簽檢查是否全熟透。放涼後以小刀脫模, 切成小塊, 放在碟上加上蜜紅豆跟甘栗一同享用吧！
- 250ml soy milk
- 150g cane sugar
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar/ white vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 210g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp matcha powder
- 4 tsp hojicha powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 175 degree Celcius.
- Add vinegar into soy milk, stir to combine, sit for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, put soy milk mixture, oil, cane sugar and vanilla extract. Stir to combine until all sugar dissolved. Separate the wet ingredient into 2 equal parts.
- Combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Separate into 2 equal parts. Put in matcha and hojicha powder respectively.
- Sift the dry ingredient into the wet ingredient, fold to combine. You should now have two bowls of batter - Matcha and Hojicha.
- Pour the batter into the Chiffon cake pan. You may play with it and make colorful layers.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Test with toothpick to check if it's done. Cool down completely and serve with sweetened red bean and chestnut.