Biscotti和Stroopwafel (Caramel waffles)從來都是我配搭黑咖啡的最好拍檔！
去年做過Dutch Stroopwafels後, 今日終於輪到Biscotti了～
Biscotti是意大利的傳統曲奇, 用了杏仁粉及加入堅果而成的杏仁脆餅乾, 吃法都是約它們浸到咖啡裏去吃～
“Biscotti”這個字的意思本身就是”twice-cooked, 煮了兩次”的意思, 因為製作過程要先焗麵糰一次, 再切成曲奇條狀再入爐焗第二次。而我今次做的biscotti為了要口感一致, 分別焗了三次呢！
When I am in Starbucks with my Americano/drip coffee, Biscotti and stroopwafels are always my choice to go with to drench in sweetness <3
After the Dutch Stroopwafels I made in last year, finally it’s the turn for Biscotti!!!
Biscotti are traditional Italian almond cookies, served in dipping with coffee or sweet wine.
With the meaning of “twice-baked”, biscotti were made with 1st bake as the dough, and 2nd bake after cutting the dough into cookie slices. Yet to achieve an even crunchiness, I bake them for 3 times and they come out so well 🙂
Authentic recipe consisted of large amount of eggs, butter and sugar, and almond are the nuts being used in. For a healthier version (where this is always the motto of my blogs!), I tried to cut down the amount of sugar and oil, and with matcha powder to give a light, fresh version.
利用紅莓乾的天然甜味可大大減卻糖的使用份量, 而抹茶口味吃起來更覺清新, 沒有甜膩的感覺～
With use of dried cranberries that are naturally sweetened, way less amount of sugar to be used. They are really nice looking with the vibrant green and red color!
- 中筋麵粉 260g
- 杏仁粉 50g
- 宇治抹茶粉 2 tsp
- 無糖豆奶 170g
- 蔗糖 100g
- 葵花籽油 20g
- 泡打粉 1 tsp
- 小紅莓乾 1/2 cup
- 開心果 1/2 cup
- 於一大碗內, 加入葵花籽油, 豆奶, 蔗糖並混合好
- 杏仁粉過篩, 加到碗內並以刮刀混合
- 於另一個碗內將麵粉及抹茶粉過篩, 並稍微混合。分三次將麵粉加到麵糊內, 以刮刀切拌混合
- 於工作檯放牛油紙, 撒上少許麵粉
- 將麵糰倒在牛油紙上, 以麵棍將麵糰滾成一個大長方形狀。以防麵棍跟麵糰黏在一起, 可以在麵糰上再撒上麵粉。將麵糰轉移到焗盤上, 入爐焗20分鐘
- 從焗爐取出麵糰, 以一把較鋒利的刀將麵糰切成約1 cm厚的曲奇。將曲奇平放, 入爐於攝氏160度焗10分鐘
- 於焗爐取出, 再將曲奇反向另一面, 入爐於攝氏160度焗10分鐘
- 曲奇於室溫放涼, 搭配咖啡或茶來一個簡單的意式下午茶啊～
- 260g all purpose flour
- 50g almond flour
- 2 tsp Uji matcha powder
- 170g soy milk
- 100g cane sugar
- 20g sunflower oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celcius.
- In a mixer bowl, put sunflower oil, soy milk and cane sugar. Stir to combine.
- Fold in sifted almond flour into the bowl with a spatula.
- In another bowl sift and combine all purpose flour and matcha powder. Fold into the mixture for 3 separate times.
- Fold in dried cranberries and pistachio into the dough.
- Line parchment paper onto a smooth surface and dust some flour onto it. Transfer the dough onto the parchment paper.
- Roll the dough to give a rectangular shape with rolling pin. You may need to dust some more flour to avoid the dough sticking with the rolling pin. Transfer the dough onto baking pan and bake for 20 mins at 180 degree Celcius.
- Remove the dough from oven. Cut the dough into 1-cm width cookies with a sharp knife. Line cookies flat on the baking pan and bake for another 10 mins at 160 degree Celcius.
- Remove cookies from oven and turn to another side. Again bake for 10 mins for another side.
- Remove from oven and cool down at room temperature. Best to serve with a cup of coffee or tea. Perfect afternoon tea snack!